Beaches Behavioral works to increase resources and treatment options available for clients in recovery from substance use and addiction. It is our goal to educate you on the risks of addiction, engage you in treatment, guide you on your path to recovery, and avoid relapse and other obstacles.We utilize the following modalities as elements of a comprehensive, tailored overall strategy to deliver meaningful results:
- Outpatient detoxification
- Randomized drug and alcohol testing
- while our office does specialize in Telepsychiatry. Patients ,whose treatment plans required drug screens, are still required to come to our office regularly for drug testing
- Psychiatric medication management
- Anti-craving medication treatment
- Referral to local treatment centers, sober living homes, and intensive outpatient treatment
Treatment Options Available for Opiate/Alcohol Addiction
- Buprenorphine (Suboxone, Zubsolv) is a medication prescribed by specially trained doctors who see patients in their normal office setting. This medication is a replacement therapy, meaning that the buprenorphine acts like an opioid to prevent the physical withdrawal symptoms. Buprenorphine has special properties that make it a good choice for replacement therapy; suboxone is the brand name of a medication that combines buprenorphine with naloxone to improve the safety of the medication and avoid misuse. Dr. Galliano-Pardo is qualified to prescribe you this medication if she thinks it is a good choice for you. For more information please contact our office.
- Naltrexone is a medication that blocks opioids so that if you use an opioid it will have no effect. This medication can be a good choice for someone who has not used opioids for a longer period of time, or for someone who has recently tapered off replacement therapy but wants to reduce their risk of relapse. Naltrexone is available in pill form or as a once-monthly shot.
- VIVITROL is a monthly injection and a treatment option which helps patients maintain abstinence while recovering from opioid dependence and alcohol dependence. Dr. Galliano-Pardo is qualified to prescribe you this medication if she thinks it is a good choice for you. For more information please contact our office.