At Beaches Behavioral, we have over 20 years of experience treating mental health disorders. Our primary focus is that your behavioral health needs are effectively addressed in a caring and professional manner.
Our office sees adults (18 – 64 years of age). We do not specialize in child and Geriatric Psychiatry and thus typically refer patients seeking those services to other psychiatrists with subspecialization.
Mental illnesses are common in the United States. Nearly one in five U.S. adults live with a mental illness (51.5 million in 2019). Mental illnesses include many different conditions that vary in degree of severity, ranging from mild to moderate to severe.
Our professional team is here to guide our patients and their families every step of the way throughout their mental health journeys.
We provide evaluation and treatment for an array of mental health issues.
Services We Do Provide
Services We Do Not Provide
**You have the right to request your psychiatric records for these purposes, but our office does not commit to completing forms for disability purposes. Records will only be released to the requesting entity and not directly to the patient. Forms to be completed by the physician, will be finished within 5 business days, and the provider hourly rate will apply.
Addiction Treatment Planning
Beaches Behavioral works to increase resources and treatment options available for clients in recovery from substance use and addiction. It is our goal to educate you on the risks of addiction, engage you in treatment, guide you on your path to recovery, and avoid relapse and other obstacles.We utilize the following modalities as elements of a comprehensive, tailored overall strategy to deliver meaningful results:
- Outpatient detoxification
- Randomized drug and alcohol testing
- while our office does specialize in Telepsychiatry. Patients ,whose treatment plans required drug screens, are still required to come to our office regularly for drug testing
- Psychiatric medication management
- Anti-craving medication treatment
- Referral to local treatment centers, sober living homes, and intensive outpatient treatment
Treatment Options Available for Opiate/Alcohol Addiction
- Buprenorphine (Suboxone, Zubsolv) is a medication prescribed by specially trained doctors who see patients in their normal office setting. This medication is a replacement therapy, meaning that the buprenorphine acts like an opioid to prevent the physical withdrawal symptoms. Buprenorphine has special properties that make it a good choice for replacement therapy; suboxone is the brand name of a medication that combines buprenorphine with naloxone to improve the safety of the medication and avoid misuse. Dr. Galliano-Pardo is qualified to prescribe you this medication if she thinks it is a good choice for you. For more information please contact our office.
- Methadone is another replacement opioid therapy. It is prescribed through special programs; most are prescribed at clinics that require daily attendance. Beaches Behavioral does not prescribe methadone.
- Naltrexone is a medication that blocks opioids so that if you use an opioid it will have no effect. This medication can be a good choice for someone who has not used opioids for a longer period of time, or for someone who has recently tapered off replacement therapy but wants to reduce their risk of relapse. Naltrexone is available in pill form or as a once-monthly shot. Our office can prescribe you the pill form or administer the shot form of this medication.
- VIVITROL is a treatment option which helps patients maintain abstinence while recovering from opioid dependence and alcohol dependence.
- Inpatient detoxification (detox) programs are designed to help you stop using opioids quickly in a medically supervised setting. In this program, you will stay at a hospital and you will quickly come off of opioids. You will likely have withdrawal symptoms and the staff at the detox can give you medications to help make the withdrawal less uncomfortable.
- Rehabilitation (rehab) programs are often recommended after a detox program. At rehab, you live away from home and do not take any opioids or consume alcohol. You attend groups and individual therapy sessions to try to better understand your dependence.
Beaches TMS & Brain Health specializes in delivering personalized care through innovative technologies like TMS and Spravato. At Beaches TMS & Brain Health we are dedicated to helping patients suffering from neuropsychiatric illnesses that have not been helped by traditional medication management. We are focused on achieving positive, sustainable change for our patients.
For more information please visit (www.beachestms.com)